GEMS SCHOOL is looking for enthusiastic and dynamic candidates from an English schooling background for the following positions:
- MBA with knowledge on human resource management, financial management and information management.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in relevant industry/ field.
- Strong English and Nepali communication skills (written and spoken).
Reports to : Board of Directors
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organizational leadership
- General Functions:
- Lead and administer the institution.
- Create positive climate and provide effective leadership by modeling integrity, vision and ethical behavior.
- Policy Making:
- Provide relevant and crucial input to the board for drafting policy
- Identify and advice management on policy implications inherent in issues and agenda items presented for board discussion.
- Establish and manage a system for periodic review of school / college operations.
- Establish and enforce administrative procedures for each area of school/college operations.
- Plan new venture(s), conduct a feasibility study and discuss with the board. Upon approval, implement the project/venture.
- Introduce new changes in the system, infrastructural development, etc.
- Final authority with regard to all the policy matters rest with Executive Directors, Founder Directors and the Board of Directors.
- Ensure that plans are built around and drawn from the mission, vision and goals.
- Keep the board informed on progress toward accomplishing plans and goals.
- External leadership roles:
- Be the face of the school in the community.
- Perform as a proactive leader.
- Participate in local and/or international associations and conferences.
- Decision making:
- Encourage participation in policy development and decision making
- Allow for a Distributive Leadership pattern- that clearly delineates responsibility and authority
- Strategic Planning:
- Work with the Board of Directors and Instructional Leaders to develop a strategic plan.
- Oversee the allocation of resources to drive the best balance between financial and operational concerns.
- Hire, fire and oversee performance of senior-level staff whose jobs will be to support/lead the operations and finance as per Directors approval.
- Perations and Finance:
- Oversee school operations: budgeting, accounting, human resources, contract management, compliance, etc.
- Work with outside counsel to support the needs of the organization.
- Manage any required facility acquisition, maintenance and renovation efforts.
- Human Resources:
- Ensure that resources are allocated for professional and staff development.
- Encourage professional development and staff recognition programs.
- Engage in ongoing learning.
- Remain alert to industry trends with regards to employee salaries and benefits.
- Develop attractive incentives/compensation packages for employees.
- Develop motivation and team building programmes for staff
- Public Relation/ Correspondence:
- Respond to parents and guardians queries regarding fees structure and administrative concerns.
- Deal with parties such as student unions affiliated to different political parties, government offices, local youth clubs, political parties etc. and consult with Founder Director/Executive Directors as per requirement.
- Laws and Regulations:
- Be aware of laws and regulations that affect the institution.
- Inform the board and trustees about major laws, regulations / changes in laws and regulations.
- Ensure that administrative procedures exist and are followed to comply with law and regulation.
- Represent the institution in legal matters.
- Advise the board about laws and regulations that affect the board.
- General Functions:
|I certify that I have read and understand the responsibilities assigned to this position.|
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in relevant industry/ field.
- Basic computer skills.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- To arrive at School well ahead of the school Assembly and report to the Vice Principal / Academic Coordinator and receive instructions, if need be.
- To report to the Vice Principal/Academic Coordinator after classes are over about any matter that needs attention from higher authorities.
- To prepare and execute regular programme for running the academic aspects like designing routines for various clases.
- To run all classes in his/her block in an efficient and orderly manner.
- To oversee:
- If teachers in his/her level are punctual in entering their classes.
- If they are conducting their teaching as scheduled.
- If the subject matter is correctly taught.
- If rolls have been called and attendance recorded.
- If homework's/ class-work books are regularly checked.
- To examine and check:
- If students have come in full school uniforms.
- If they have properly pared their nails and cropped their hair short.
- If they are maintaining the sanctity and decorum of the school.
- To award appraisal or punishment in case of dire necessity.
- To supervise if all work entrusted to the teacher under him/her is being done satisfactory.
- To keep a record of the teacher's performance and to inform the Vice Principal/Academic Coordinator if found otherwise.
- To take actions against students who do not do home-work, play truant and are found undisciplined.
- To abide by and implement directives received from the Vice Principal/Academic Coordinator or higher Authorities.
- To be available during out of school/hours whenever need arises.
- To oversee students' conduct and activities before and after school and during recess and lunch breaks and take necessary actions in breach of the school rules.
- To report to the parents on the students' weak areas and take appropriate measures in consultation with heads of departments and keep record of their progress.
- Master's degree in Human Resources.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in HR management
- Skilled in HR Information system (HR software)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain administrative staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities
- Accomplish staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Complete special projects by organizing and coordinating information and requirements; planning, arranging, and meeting schedules; monitoring results.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; benchmarking professional standards; reviewing professional publications; establishing networks.
- Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintain a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintain employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Prepare matters for advertisements.
- Recruitment: This includes developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, short-listing, making necessary arrangements for interview and carrying out candidate reference/ background checks.
- Coordinate with finance department in making payroll and maintaining employee records.
- Detail entry of new staff like salary, academic personal data etc. on software
- Issue contract letter to new staff and renewals for old one.
- Issue cheque books, visa debit card etc. to new staff.
- Draft and issue letters, including but not limited to the following:
- Resignation acceptance letter
- Experience letters
- Recommendation letters
- Salary certificates
- Letter of Appreciation
- Warning/Disciplinary letters
- Show cause notice
- Promotion/Appreciation letters
- Permanent/Temporary status letters
- Check vehicles logbook that includes the record of maintenance and fuel consumption of all vehicles.
- Prepare a duty roster of administrative staff for special events or contingency holidays.
- Guiding, motivating and supervising supporting and administration staff, observe their performance, giving corrective suggestions and report the same to the concerned authority.
- Deal with parties such as student unions affiliated to different political parties, local Youth Clubs, political parties etc. and consult the Founder Director/Executive Directors as to how much to pay. However, a certain right can be assigned with regard to taking decision for donation.
- Prepare letters/documents to concerned parties and officers.
- Coordination with HSEB for renewal and affiliation, subject addition, yearly renewal for A-Level from Education Ministry.
- Act on the directives received from the higher authorities.
- Make rounds for physical verification of assets and infrastructure on a weekly basis.
- Prepare a summary of staff attendance, lateness/early arrival on a monthly basis and report the discrepancies to the Directors.
- Follow up with block in charges, principal and others for term-wise evaluation of all staff (ECA, teaching, non-teaching).
- Report the evaluation of staff to be terminated /promoted at least three months prior to the end of academic session to the Directors based on the evaluation of staff.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Salary no bar for suitable candidates.
Interested candidates may send the completed employee application form along with copies of credentials, a passport size photo and a letter of intent to the Director at firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 26th June, 2018.